Games Workshop is back in the news again! In addition to yesterday’s awesome news, GW has released a preview of the new Codex: Space Marines. The preview includes a look at the section on space marine chapters, force organization and color schemes. This newest iteration of the codex won’t be available until October 4th, but here are a few of the changes that have already been leaked:
- The book is massive – nearly double the size of the 4th edition codex
- Lots of forces get nerfed (psychic powers, weapon choices and Whirlwinds)
- Librarians have two powers for free
- Scout bikes have lots of new upgrades (like homing beacons and booby traps)
- Legion of the Damned are now available as an elite choice
- Assault veterans can assault on the same turn they deep strike
Thanks to the rabid acolytes at Dakka Dakka for collecting this list of changes and many more!